At the Cotton Museum, we invite you to:
- Explore the floor of the historic Memphis Cotton Exchange, now our main exhibit hall.
- Revisit the past through documentary films, archival footage, photographs, artifacts and oral histories.
- Touch raw cotton in our Sample Room and learn about the lost art of cotton classing.
- Discover Cotton Row through a self-guided, audio tour of the historic block surrounding the museum. Produced through a grant from Save Our History®, the 30-minute tour of Front Street takes you back in time to the neighborhood’s heyday, as experienced through the eyes of a Memphis cotton buyer. The nine-stop tour—all within one block of the museum—is included in museum admission.
- Visit our Hall of Fame, dedicated to regional and industry legends.
- See the Exploration Hall, our new wing that houses The Changing World of Cotton, a hands-on, interactive exhibit exploring advances in mechanization, biotechnology and environmental sustainability, as well as the evolution of cotton as the most popular, versatile fabric in the world.